Disclaimer : Do you have the in-depth knowledge of raaga, scales, kamagam, sangathi, melakartha raagam, misra chapu thaalam [ appdinnaa ?! – 7 beat rhythm cycle] ? If you don’t have, don’t worry – IRs music requires just 2 ears and a slight interest in songs.
* 2 more songs on counterpoint technique are “poonthaliraada” from panneer pushpangall and “Edho Mohan” from kozhi koovuthu [ the first interlude has the notes from Santoor ] This song needs a separate post.
* A song transforms from carnatic music and then suddenly changes to western music without any change in the tune or voices. The song is ‘Oh Vasantha raja’ from Neengall kettavai.
* There’s a revers song which changes from western to a beat/percussion based from the middle to the end without any disruption and of course we can hear 2 different songs within one.
* Ever tried looking at ‘Raja Rajanintha raja’ from Agni Natchathiram -it’s fully based on percussion [ drums n chorus mostly ] and without the usual flutes or violins.
There’s no rule that after 10 points I should post a blog [ 10 point kedaikalainnu sollu ha..ha.. ]. How’s the photo of IR given above ?
* Thanks to KZSU Stanford 90.1 FM radio show !