Q : Do you know the meaning of the name ‘Mysskin ‘ – Find the answer at the end of the post.
– Character biography was introduced to me in this film. The hero introduction was nicely planned and in a single dialogue with his mother he tells his background. Normally hero has a flashback either in an introduction song [ stealing vada ! ].
Naren’s character directly enters into the script by a simple dialog ” 10th certificate kekkaraan.. un kitta irukaa..Un purushan sethutaannu ennai 8th–oda niruthitta..” This is the background of our hero which is depicted by just one line which usually doesn’t happen in Tamil cinema.
– The Annachi character was aptly portrayed. He is not a Boss sitting in an old building with cartons/barrels [ usually a ration shop godown ! ] arranged everywhere. He is just another business man and he owns an ambassador car. [ Dadha without a sumo/scorpio ! ]
– Heroine’s father character was a nice portrayal [ with white costumes mostly – metaphor for outside purity] of a person with some unexpressed feelings. He always cleans something – psychologically cleaning his mistakes. First, Sivakumar was considered for this role and they dropped the idea, later.
– One of the fine scenes, is ..the hero and friends come out of the auto, talks about the 20K, they fight and join for tea. It was taken as a single steady cam shot.
– Blind woman – She represents the audience. The blind thing also symbolises the hidden truth in the movie.
– Everything was experimental. For ex the hero refuses to accept money from the Mahadevan and asks him to get out of the scene. After this, the camera goes behind him and stays for 10 secs capturing the breathe of the hero. Editor did want to cut this shot early but Mys refused.
– My favourite scene.. A scene explains the come back of Naren [ Thiru ] as a henchman. In single steady angle, the shots are shown in long, middle and close ranges. The scene includes the exercise bar and the bar is used to bang one on it, at the end of the scene.
– There’s a sequence that after turning soft, Naren has to chase somebody on road. He comes across school kids on the way. The hesitation is shown in his legs and then he runs towards the victim. Look for the apt BGM, there.
– No graphics, No foreign songs, No comedy track. The first half contains subtle humour. [ Vanntaangadaa Sowkar janaki 🙂 ]
Mys said in Madhan’s thiraiparavai that Chithiram Pesudhadi is not the best film from his bag but a neat effort to start with. He later proved it in Anjathey. [ Nandalala varratum.. We’ll have a vivid discussion 🙂 ].
Mysskin is a persian name meaning simple man. It’s taken from the Russian novel ‘The Idiot’.