Paruthiveeran received 2 national awards. One for actor Priyamani and other one is ?
– Opening : This movie starts right from the frame where ‘studio green’ logo appears with a sparkling music [ Paruthiyur Ochaandamman kovil thiruvizha ]. Ameer, once said we have heard the film music of villages but not the actual music of village. This movie does the village percussion at its natural best.
– Trivia time : Thought the movie is set to happen in 2006, no single element of technology has been used [ No cell phones, signal towers, Sun news, computer, bank 🙂 ]. The movie at the maximum has 2 ambassador cars, enfield and yamaha bikes.
– One of the best opening scene for a debut hero, Karthi . Also, watch for the shot when Ameer’s name on screen. It appears colorfully with fireworks.
– Priyamani studies in IX ‘B’ and her teacher justifies the age stating that she spent 4 yrs in the same class. Also, the complexion difference between the young and adult muthazagu is explained in a dialogue.
– They deployed a nice method of using multiple dialogues in the background.. For ex., Muthazgu friends talk about the history class [ Kanmani en kooda cycle-la varratum ], some talks throughout the movie. All the dialogues of kuttichaaku are in this category.. [ nee ennapaa kaathula padam varainjikittu ]. The dialogues are aptly sprinkled with sense of humour.
– Some people reviewed that they don’t like the climax and suggested for alternate climax. Ameer’s answer is review should be done for the film made and not the film could have been made. Cinema is always made for Toto and not for reviewers 🙂 . How true !
– Some anamorphic shots in wide angle cover the rustic look of the locations fully and those shot gloriously enhances the look of the film. Mostly used in the song sequences. Cameraman Ramji did a fabulous job.
– “Kaadhalin deepam ondru” song gets an apt placement in the film. Veeran mentions about radio and not FM.
– The editor did a wonderful job if placing he flashback sequences without disturbing the main story flow and also doesn’t loose in the entire length of the movie [ 2 hrs 40 mins ]. Raja Mohammad got the other national award for his work.
– Sellakka kurathi character is new to Tamil cinema.
– Karthi’s wonderful body language needs a special mention.. One nice sequence is that he goes to Muthazgau’s house for asking her to marry and the climax. He did a splendid work in the dances. Class ! [ Ameer choreographed his steps – loose control 🙂 ]
– I have to mention about ponvannan and Saravanan.. Ponvannan [ Kazhuva Servai tha/pe : Seenikannu thevar ] natural looks with moutache, beard and his characterization was nicely portrayed. Saravanan needs to be mentioned explicitly for his catchy character depiction. Every character in this movie got a link with the story flow.
– Villain is karthi and circumstances.. Every sequence happens accidentally. The moment you see the lorry in the climax, you get a lump in the throat. [ of course, when u watch it second time ].
– Ameer said some of the sequences weren’t actually turned up as he thought and listed that could have been avoided.. cinematic fight with gusthi vaadhyaar disciples, sarigama song, Veeran’s reaction in the climax. As per him, the veeran character doesn’t know how to cry and he stays still.. for cinema it’s changed.
– Madurai slang was used extensively in this movie and it was very nice. Thirapparvai Madhan said to Ameer said the he could’nt follow the dialogues. Ameer replied that the people can’t speak Chennai Tamil, sir. 🙂
Rajini said to Ameer ‘ idhaan.. idhaan.. idhaan.. idhaan namma cinema.. idhu padamnu solli solraanga..idhu padamillai.. kaaviyam’. I second him.